Friday, May 6, 2011

today in the kitchen...


Raw Applesauce
4 apples cored - leave peel on
1/4 c pineapple juice
1 tsp fresh fruit (I threw in a couple blueberries, or try half a strawberry)
1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 tbsp sugar
Place ingredients in jar in order as listed and secure the lid. Press the pulse button 3-5 times. Remove jar and shake it so that ingredients move around in jar. Place back on blender and press the pulse button 3-5 times. Press the smoothie button. (I used a Blendtec machine)

3 comments:

Dacia said...

I am trying it! I need you to come make all these here - super fun!

Shantel said...

Cara has a blendtec? Lucky!!! Hey - you should try to make applesauce when you cook the apples and add some cinnamon - one of my favorite recipes of all time. We will save that one for this fall when we can go pick the apples right off a tree and then do it.

karen garner said...

yum - we're making smoothies today - maybe we'll try yours